Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL-Generate a call from with in the CUBE/VG

AshG
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Is there a way to generate call using TCL script ( i.e. without any existing call?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're interested, there's an example here using a TCL as traffic generator to pump some call activity into lab/demo platforms.  In this case, the TCL app is invoked from the CLI and runs indefinitely, generating calls according to the configured profile.

Traffic Simulation - Box

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depends how you define "generate call".

Tcl IVR script can do a call setup without incoming call leg like setup a outgoing leg and play media file ...etc.

But the question is how do we trigger the Tcl IVR application ?

There are a few ways:

Handoff from other application

Manually start  via IOS CLI

Use EEM event trigger to execute above IOS CLI ...

So it's possible but depends on the application.

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're interested, there's an example here using a TCL as traffic generator to pump some call activity into lab/demo platforms.  In this case, the TCL app is invoked from the CLI and runs indefinitely, generating calls according to the configured profile.

Traffic Simulation - Box

Paul, Just went through your slides. this is very close to what we are trying to achieve and will help

Thanks

Ashish

Hi Paul,

Are you aware if there is any hardware available which can answer the call from IP Phone and play a pre determined message ?

Or if we set the IP phone to auto answer then a message can be played back (without unity).

Thank

Ashish

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ashish,

Yes, just implement Extend & Connect devices as the agent devices / target extensions and point the remote destination at a gateway dial peer that will invoke robodest.tcl.  This will answer the call and play a message of your choice.   Covered in the slide deck in the section on robot agents.

Paul

Hi Paul,

To test end to end , we are looking to use couple of IP Phones at customer site with auto answer on. However needs some thing which can be plugged in to headset port and plays the message once phone is answered. wondering if there is any device available - from cisco or 3rd party.

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clearly I don't have the entire use case details but if you just want to hear something continuous when the phone auto-answers then why not use the low-tech approach of a music source (in my case, an old iPod) connected into the Mic input on the phone (socket type depending on the phone model but simple on something like a 9971 with either USB or 3.5mm).    If you want to play a specific message from the beginning when the call is answered then you would need something a bit more sophisticated -- maybe a laptop (or anything that can run a simple program) with a CTI app to trigger the audio playback on answer.

Paul

@ptindall wrote:

Traffic Simulation - Box

Hi @ptindall, could you share the files again? The link is not working any longer.

Thanks!

Here you go, try this:   https://app.box.com/s/9z10y1v4nju097o8lh6i4njjl6lfur98

BTW,  it's been a long time coming but I'm looking at pushing out an update in the near future that will enable IVR interactions. It will use a slightly different mechanism than discussed in the original presentation material and should be easier to configure.   It's the enhancement I get a lot of requests for but has unfortunately been sitting dormant on the workbench for quite a while.

Paul

Thanks a lot, appreciate this!

AshG
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Paul/yawchen.

So EEM will work for us to trigger the script.

I have another question. is it also possible to insert DTMF tones in the call , Either via TCL or by passing the call to CVP Studio script?

You transmit a digit on the specified call leg with below command .
Syntax
leg senddigit {legID | info-tag} digit [-t duration]
Arguments
• legID—The ID of the call leg on which to send a digit.
• info-tag—A direct mapped info-tag mapping to one or more legs. For more information about
info-tags, see Chapter 4, “Information Tags.”
• digit— Specifies a single digit {0-9, A-D, *, #}
• -t duration— Specifies the duration of the digit in milliseconds.

For more information please refer TCL IVR programming guide in below location.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/voice-gateway/documents/api-documents/index.gsp

Thanks,
Raghavendra

Thanks  Raghavendra,

This will help.