cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why i can't download IOS => "Service contract required" ???!!!

Elrick Landon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to update IOS for my router (Cisco 2821 ).

When i click to download button, i receive this message : Service contract required

What can i do for upgrade IOS on my hardware ? Is it needed to pay for this ? WTF ?

Thks for your advise in advance.

Best Regards.

33 Replies 33

JoneK
Level 1
Level 1

Well I'm glad for one thing, Cisco hasn't locked this topic.. extra ordinary in my mind, have seen other companies even ones mentioned here lock down stuff that was unconformable for them.

That said. Yes this is... sad. I will take this to EU and we shall see what they cook up .. after debating for 10 years.

NguyenNgocBa
Level 1
Level 1

- Do you think a signature collection is needed to protest this issue, I bet 9/10 people will agree
- I'm a network engineer also got hit with the firewall 5525 with firepower, I've seen the new version do some cool things that fortigate did a long time ago, but we see the words service contract required in the face.
- I really want to get rid of this cisco and switch to other firewalls immediately because of this silly firmware download blocker

Seecott
Level 1
Level 1

so disappointed and frustrated that Cisco still have this greedy policy.

Alexis Nieto
Level 1
Level 1

yeah, this is really sad, without a contract or company asociated with cisco you cant get any uppdates on anything, even if you wanted to pay and buy them yourself you cant