cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete hosts

Danny Rodrigues
Level 1
Level 1

Why is it so difficult to delete hosts that appear in the network discovery? I've been struggling to delete the hosts shown in the attached image. I have the host option checked off in the overlay settings and I have also blocked the discovery, which is why the hosts now appear with the red 'X' but when I select the host, the option to delete is greyed out. Any solution for this?

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 10.51.25 PM.png

6 Replies 6

clarkwa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cloud you help to collect the showtech file for this network? You can go to network page to do the showtech action, please attach the showtech file to this system after the show tech job completed.

clarkwa_0-1699507387931.png

Thanks, I will check it and response to you as soon as possible.

clarkwa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

After checked the showtech file, I found there are some unmanaged switches in your network, for example, switches with MAC "50:61:BF:45:11:40"  and "F8:7B:20:D6:A6:C0" are both catalyst devices, our CBD doesn't support this kind of device, so will cause dashboard can't calculate accurate topology, the host which still show in topology with grey color and connect to two switches in same time, that's incorrect topology.

Currently, CBD only filter out the leaf host(which connect to network device with one link), I will try to figure a solution to filter out the host which is not leaf node.

Thank you for the reply, yes I was aware that those 2 catalyst switches were not devices supported on the CBD. I was trying to play around with the discovery settings but was unsuccessful. It would be nice if i could only see switches and access points on the typology and nothing else. No need to see the devices connected to the switches and access points.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 8.14.16 AM.png

I will try to remove the hosts in 2.7.1 release for this case, but can't make sure the right connection between switches and access points since there are unsupported catalyst switches in your env.