Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBD Roadmap

Is it possible to share a roadmap of CBD development? Just to give us a peek of what features are in development? 

Though the deployment of my test environment isn't going as smooth as hoped I believe CBD has a huge potential for the SMB market. 

---
If my answer was useful please mark it as helpful.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Niels,

I'm afraid we tend not to share roadmap plans for a variety of reasons.  But if you have something specific you would like to see, we welcome that sort of feedback and generally try to accomodate it as much as possible.

Regarding your own deployment, if you are having specific problems that you would like help with, you can post them in the community or contact the support center to get one on one assistance.  You can find the contact numbers for the support center at https://cisco.com/go/sbsc.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Niels,

I'm afraid we tend not to share roadmap plans for a variety of reasons.  But if you have something specific you would like to see, we welcome that sort of feedback and generally try to accomodate it as much as possible.

Regarding your own deployment, if you are having specific problems that you would like help with, you can post them in the community or contact the support center to get one on one assistance.  You can find the contact numbers for the support center at https://cisco.com/go/sbsc.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thanks, I'm allready in contact with TAC regarding the issues. 

As soon as I am able to fully use CBD I'll get back with any feature request (if there are any).

---

I've got a test setup sort of working now.

Is it not possible to manage L3 networks? This would mean that after creating L2 networks and SSID's you would also have to configure the uplinks to the router/firewall to add the vlans and create the L3 interfaces. When the router is also managed by CBD it would be nice if you would be able to configure the networks including the L3 SVI's. 

---

Hi Niels,

You are right in noting that CBD does not configure L3 info today.  It is something that we are looking at, but it is something of a lower priority as this configuration is usually only done on a single device (router/firewall) and the initial focus of CBD configuration is to address configuration that is applied repeatedly across many devices.  By allowing you to configure it once in CBD, it reduces the effort and reduces the opportunity for inconsistent config between devices.  For L3 configuration, those benefits don't really apply to the same degree.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave, 

Good to know it is being considered, even on a lower priority. 

I agree most of the work is in configuring switches/AP's. Most of the L3 (and other) config can be don thru the templates using Mustache. 

Regards,

Niels

---
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: