cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Business Dashboard - Firmware Upgrade on CBS350 Failed

NyrKs OG
Level 1
Level 1

I am preforming a firmware upgrade on our CBS350 switches from the Cisco Business Dashboard and the upgrade job continues to fail showing the result as "Need to insert USB Stick"

It appears the download completes successfully, however when CBD attempts to apply the update I see the above mentioned failure error.

NyrKsOG_0-1685023706986.png

3 Replies 3

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your CBS350 switch being managed by an embedded Probe? You will need to insert a USB stick to the device where the embedded probe is located. As the device don't has enough flash to save the downloaded firmware so an external storage will be needed.

mihaigavrila
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same scenario with embedded probes. I attached a usb stick and now the error is "Failed to download firmware image". Do you need a specific folder structure on the USB?

No need a specific folder structure on the USB. Please make sure the CBD server's root certificate is valid and it is installed on the switch properly. Also please check the switch time and make sure it is correct. Please reboot the switch where the embedded probe is located and try again if the certificate and time are correct.