Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IE2000 Factory Reset Not Working

AndrewGibbons8
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I was configuring an IE2000 just now and after I finished I reloaded and saved config to test if everything worked properly. When the switch rebooted I was unable to login for whatever reason. I'm now trying to simply factory reset the switch and start from the beginning; however, when I try the factory reset method as, instructed by Cisco, I get this message:

*Jan 2 00:02:08.488: %CLS_ACC-2-SETUP_BTN_PRS: setup/admin button pressed
*Jan 2 00:02:10.946: %CLS_ACC-2-MODE_EXITED: Complete consoleless access from mode EXPRESS SETUP
*Jan 2 00:02:28.822: %CLS_ACC-2-SETUP_BTN_PRS: setup/admin button pressed to enter DHCP client mode
*Jan 2 00:02:28.822: %CLS_ACC-3-UNABLE_TO_RESET_CONFIG: Switch already has configuration's cannot enter Express Setup
*Jan 2 00:02:28.822: %SYS-3-HARIKARI: Process Express Setup DHCP Init top-level routine exited

Does anyone know how I can factory reset my switch?

1 Reply 1

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  You might want to move this question to the switching technology group (https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/bd-p/6016-discussions-lan-switching-routing) as this group is focused on the SMB portfolio.  I'm not sure that anyone here will be able to help much.

Cheers,

Dave.