Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Hyangmo Gu
Community Manager
Community Manager

It is now time to celebrate and recognize members who share their great knowledge and precious time with the Cisco Community. What a wonderful way to celebrate spring and warm weather! A big Thank You to all individuals who help make our community the premier online destination for Cisco enthusiasts. Your participation and support are very important to building our friendship in the community.

Banners_Spotlight_Awards_400x200_april2023.pngThe Cisco Community recognizes members who contribute to the community and peers. The Spotlight Award badges will be permanently displayed on the winners' profiles, and an icon will appear next to their names for 30 days, and we will send them a Spotlight Award trophy. We hope that the number of our contributors will continue to grow and are looking forward to our new Spotlight Award winners!

Take some time to meet our previous winners. To learn more about how to become a Spotlight Awardee, please visit here and don’t forget to nominate your peers for the next Spotlight Award!

English Community Questions Answered, April 2023
RedNectarLooksUnderTheCovers600x600.png
Chris WELSH
2023 April

English Community Member's Choice, April 2023
Prince Owusu
2023 April

English Community Rookie, April 2023
Jon Maxwell
2023 April

English Community, Developer of the Month, April 2023
Hares Fakoor
2023 April

English Community CIUG Member of the Month, April 2023
Lyle Carter
2023 April

Portuguese Community Best Publication, April 2023
Chinese Community Member's Choice, April 2023
Ta-Jen Hsu
2023 April
Japanese Community Rookie, April 2023
kyosuke seo
2023 April
French Community Rookie, April 2023
Photo_Alain_Faure_100x140px.png
Alain FAURE
2023 April
Korean Community Questions Asked, April 2023
Seunghwan Kim
2023 April

2 Comments
RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Hyangmo Gu ,

I must say I am honoured to have been chosen again, and I get great reward and satisfaction for simply being awarded the status.

But I have a request if at all possible.

As beautiful as the Spotlight trophy is (I have 3 lined up behind my desk) I would MUCH rather have an option to have the cost of the trophy+shipping donated to charity.  A little piece of me dies each time I realise that I am responsible for yet another piece of plastic (no matter how beautiful) being shipped across the globe (burning some fuel along the way) to be placed where not a lot of people are going to see it.

I hope I do not upset anyone with this suggestion, or think in any way I am ungrateful.

Hyangmo Gu
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @RedNectar ,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It's just in time as we are currently revamping our recognition program and your idea is greatly appreciated! It's such a meaningful way to protect our planet, and it sits well with our corporate's Net Zero Emissions commitment (by 2040). I will definitely discuss this option with the team and keep you posted - please stay tuned!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: