Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE candidate

Hi Community,

I got into a discussion with a customer because there is a ''ccie-candidate'' that was proposing a different solution that I was...

Turns out both solutions (mine and this other guy) where valid points of view... but I think... aren't we ALL ccie-candidates??? haha

Federico.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ha-ha-ha...

EXACTLY....we are all CCIE-Candidates!  I am not a numbered IE but like most around here I am working on it.  Some days harder then others!  But what are you going to do. Honestly, that is a really good question, what exactly is a ccie-candidate?  And what makes that person any different then the rest of us in this world?

Kimberly

Thanks and Cheers! Kimberly Please remember to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Kimberly Adams
Level 3
Level 3

Federico,

You are so totally on the money with you statement about all of us being IE-Candidates!  This is nice!

Cheers,

Kimberly

Haha!

They were thinking that my solution was not correct because a ''ccie-candidate'' told them so...

My question is... what in the world is a ''ccie-candidate''????

As far as I know I am a ccie-candidate and so are you (unless you are already a CCIE)!

Federico.

ha-ha-ha...

EXACTLY....we are all CCIE-Candidates!  I am not a numbered IE but like most around here I am working on it.  Some days harder then others!  But what are you going to do. Honestly, that is a really good question, what exactly is a ccie-candidate?  And what makes that person any different then the rest of us in this world?

Kimberly

Kimberly,

I guess I could have told me that I'm also a ccie-candidate just like everybody I work with! ha ha

Federico.

Federico,

LOL....EXACTLY!!!  You should have said that.

Kimberly

I beg to differ (as a consolatory ROI for some 1700 bucks) - CCIE candidate should be (highly?) regarded as someone who actually took the lab and failed.

The next step in recognition would be to issue some badge "I was in DIegem" ,"Been There,Done that,Failed that" .

All the rest , studying last 10 years for the CCIE but mostly procrastinating, should console themselves with the title of certified CCIE wannabe

Let me put it this way...

If I tell you hey I'm a CCIE... you would agree I know my stuff correct?

If on the other hand, l tell you that I'm a ccie-candidate... you have no way of knowing if I'm indeed very knowledgeable or I just happen to had given the exam a shot (without really having a clue of what I'm doing) and failed miserably...

So... it's not like you can tell a person technical level by it's ccie-candidate badge.

Another possibility of course is that I'm completely wrong on this one :-)

Just my opinion...

Federico.

You are right

I would  even go further and say if someone says "Hey I am a CCIE"  he/she deserves a more attentive look in what she/she knows and does, but doesnt automatically mean she/he knows the stuff (my personal biased view as I seen CCIE with numbers that still couldn't get BGP right as it was not by CCIE workbooks template )

THe badge system as I said was a consolatory thing I devised in place to sweeten a bit my miserable failure on CCIE Security in Brussels 2 months ago

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
aren't we ALL ccie-candidates???

CCIE candidate

- noun

A person who claims to be "almost" a CCIE but:

1.   Designs a rack full of servers that will be powered using a PoE switch;

2.   Does not understand the concept of IP subnetting;

3.   Does not know the meaning of DRAM of a router.

Leo,

Please don't tell me that a ccie-candidate designed a rack full of servers to be powered up by PoE switch!

I guess the project didn't went well! haha!

Federico.

Please don't tell me that a ccie-candidate designed a rack full of servers to be powered up by PoE switch!

You want an answer?

Yes I want it! I just don't believe it :-)

Federico.

He actually did.

I'm no firewall expert but according to the people who work with him it would take him at least a day to get one firewall rule configured.

One would think that a CCIE would really know his stuff (there's no such thing as a paper CCIE)!

Besides being a personal thing... you really need to know your stuff to be able to pass the lab exam... it's not like you can memorize the exams (like happens with other certificacions unfortunately).

But well... I guess you never know :-)

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: