Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200L licensing

Patrik Nechajev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

yes, licensing again :). Our customer bought two C9200L switches with standard network essentials + 3y DNA essentials licenses. 
Currently we are not selling high amount of Cisco devices so im not so involved in their licensing....

All i need to do is upgrade to latest IOS (done) and migrate config from old catalysts and send them to customer thats all. Those switches will do basic L2, nothing else.

Im not even planning to connect them to internet, so my question is, do i need to setup smart licensing at all?
Currently it looks as follows:

License Usage
=============

network-essentials (C9200L-NW-E-24):
Description: C9200L-24 Network Essentials
Count: 1
Version: 1.0
Export status: NOT RESTRICTED
Feature Name: network-essentials
Feature Description: C9200L-24 Network Essentials
Enforcement type: NOT ENFORCED
License type: Perpetual

dna-essentials (C9200L-DNA-E-24):
Description: C9200L-24 DNA Essentials
Count: 1
Version: 1.0
Export status: NOT RESTRICTED
Feature Name: dna-essentials
Feature Description: C9200L-24 DNA Essentials
Enforcement type: NOT ENFORCED
License type: Subscription

I have also noticed:
%SMART_LIC-6-REPORTING_REQUIRED: A Usage report acknowledgement will be required in 89 days.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

Which version do you have? It depends on it if you need to connect it to the internet or not. After 17.3.X Smart Licensing Using Policy is used. And you will also need access to the smart licensing portal of the customer. Without it you won't be able to do much.

Switches will still work normally after 90 days, but you can never be sure when will cisco change the policy...

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what IOS code have right now, what IOS XE code you looking to Upgrade. ( Look for 17.6.5 for stable version)

If you looking to Upgrade, that is nothing to do with License, you have rights to download latest firmware and upgrade (make sur you read the release notes before upgrading)

IOX Xe 16.9.X onwards cisco mandatory smart License, If this device have basic essential License (just working layer2 they are perpetual not to worry much) - but if you have contact i would suggest to register with cisco for support.

below guide support - how you can configure smart License for the device to meet the complaince check.:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-9/configuration_guide/sys_mgmt/b_169_sys_mgmt_9300_cg/configuring_smart_licensing.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Patrik Nechajev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @balaji.bandi @DanielP211 

i just upgraded both to 17.9.4. 

Thank you for your help. Problem is that i currently dont see licenses in my smart account. I will contact my partner to check it.
BR,
Patrik

sure you can contact or you can also contact License team - glad all good.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help