Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300-48U-A restore the confguration

Issue: I have a DNA Center managing a Cisco C9300-48U-A edge switch. Unfortunately, I mistakenly erased the configuration on the switch. Now, I cannot remove the switch from the fabric, inventory, or the associated automation links in DNA Center.

Request: Is there a way to restore the previous configuration of the C9300 switch from DNA Center? Does DNA Center keep a backup of the switch's configuration that I can use to re-add the switch to the network?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I finally resolved the issue. I first removed the switch from the inventory, then rediscovered it, and it was successfully added to the topology again. Thanks for your time!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

@Mostafa Alzareef 

First thing to do is add the switch to the DNAC by running discovery again. Once the switch were discovered if you have a configuration archive for that device would be possible to restore.

FlavioMiranda_0-1725358861114.png

thanks for your replay
I tried to discovery it again but it didn't add to the DNAC inventory or appear in lan automation
but when i check the device from inventory i found a file with the last configurations

MostafaAlzareef_0-1725388498240.png

If you have a backup that´s good but it would be required to add the device again. Do you use PnP for DNAC discovery? Any log on the switch side? Can you ping the switch from DNAC? and what about from the switch to DNAC? Can you run ssh on port 830 from DNAC to switch? 

I finally resolved the issue. I first removed the switch from the inventory, then rediscovered it, and it was successfully added to the topology again. Thanks for your time!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card