Views
Helpful
Replies

CCC aka DNAC unable to edit the floor

AigarsK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I recently encountered an issue, I do not appear to be able to edit the floor in hierarchy. I am running Version 2.3.7.6-70319.

Floor in question requires updated floor plan to be uploaded, this floor has already couple provisioned devices, Fabric in the Box switch, DMZ switch and few WAP. WAP's themselves are no place anywhere, as I wanted to get new floor plan in place and adjust its scale before I place the WAPs.

Anything I do in Edit Floor and I press Update I get "Invalid Message Code InternalError" Yes that is not a typo, it is actually InternalError as one word and none of the changes I make are saved afterwards.

Please advise?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like there may be an issue with the WLC managing the sites you are trying to update and/or an issue with the country settings for that site. But cannot be sure. It would be better to open a TAC case to investigate deeper.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you can get access to the CLI, then look into the maps logs as you attempt to save the floor edit:

magctl service logs -rf dna-maps 

From there, you may get a better error message.

Thanks @maflesch ,

That indeed did generate more information:

|2024-09-04 14:00:36,949 | ERROR | ew-dna-maps-service-1 | | c.c.a.m.d.m.s.a.r.UpdateServiceDomainResultHandler | AMQP=Domain#262, correlationId=2531eb43-b7dc-4e9e-a632-09b875a8eda5 - Error updating Service Domain task ID=0191bd56-5282-7145-8099-251a1d51f362, errorCode=InternalError, message=Update operation failed: inheritedFrom attributes or the com.wireless.managingwlc namespace is missing

Does this give enough hint as of what might be the reason for failing the update tot he floor?

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like there may be an issue with the WLC managing the sites you are trying to update and/or an issue with the country settings for that site. But cannot be sure. It would be better to open a TAC case to investigate deeper.

Thanks @maflesch 
Will raise TAC case for it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card