cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst Center doesn't know my country's usable WiFi channels.

DJW487
Level 1
Level 1

In Catalyst Center (CC) on 2.3.5.5, when I create an AI RF profile, it has all 5GHz channels selected.

In Australia, we have channels we flat out cannot use, such as 120, 124 and 128 as well as others than can only be used if the AP has DFS enabled, but these are selected by default in CC when you create an RF profile.

Is there a way to tell CC what country you are in for proper channel selection?

Aussie wifi channels https://wisp.net.au/info/5ghz-channel-spectral-width-in-australia-6.html?srsltid=AfmBOoquoIjEp5XKRS4m5WzKm6WTgKuCEN04NaT3DQFGR6ZHUQuZeefn

or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When you go to Menu → Design → Network Settings → Wireless → RF profiles → AI RF Profile → Add when defining the AI RF profile you can select which channels are allowed to be in use for that profile. Unfortunately at this time, I do not believe there is a way for Catalyst Center to determine which channels are supported as the platform doesn't validate the profile based on the hierarchy location you created that profile in. Honestly, the best solution would be to use the Make-A-Wish feature to reach out directly to the product managers and ask for the ability for this to be added in if you don't want to manually select the channels allowed to be used.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When you go to Menu → Design → Network Settings → Wireless → RF profiles → AI RF Profile → Add when defining the AI RF profile you can select which channels are allowed to be in use for that profile. Unfortunately at this time, I do not believe there is a way for Catalyst Center to determine which channels are supported as the platform doesn't validate the profile based on the hierarchy location you created that profile in. Honestly, the best solution would be to use the Make-A-Wish feature to reach out directly to the product managers and ask for the ability for this to be added in if you don't want to manually select the channels allowed to be used.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card