cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA (Application & Cluster Segmentation)

asim.pervez
Level 1
Level 1

If we have Cisco DNA 3 Node Cluster, can we divide the roles among them for example based on the applications that reside on them, can we choose what resides where i.e. NCP & NDP?

Can they share the load of requests coming in when in HA mode or will only one server respond to requests and others just standby and watch. If they do share load of certain services then can we get a list of that. I know the cluster is seen as a single unit but I am particularly interested in finding out how these services are distributed among those servers in a cluster of 3, I mean what application resides where and how it is backed up?

Would be grateful if someone can come back to me on this please.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pavan Siripuram
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Try "magctl appstack status " or even in GUI under Sytem settings> system 360 page , you should see the list of services which are running in each Node.

But yes as a Admin you can't choose if NCP should on one and NDP to be on another , Maglev and kubernetes will take care of all load sharing across 3 nodes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Pavan Siripuram
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Try "magctl appstack status " or even in GUI under Sytem settings> system 360 page , you should see the list of services which are running in each Node.

But yes as a Admin you can't choose if NCP should on one and NDP to be on another , Maglev and kubernetes will take care of all load sharing across 3 nodes.

I am really grateful to you for getting back and solving this for me.

Thank you so much.