cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA geomap with no internet access

slimeblue1123
Level 1
Level 1

I manage a large network consisting of around 150 cisco 9200, 9300 and 9500 switches.
I use Cisco DNA Center to manage this network and do all sorts of things.
In the DNA, I have found that you can have a geographic map in the fabric and in the network heirarchy, but since my network is a closed network with no internet access, the server cannot download said map.
I downloaded a geomap of some sorts through cisco's website that is a .tgz file and tried importing it in the network heirarchy but the file limit is 500MB while the map I downloaded, which was for all of Asia was 1.65GB.
I'm not even sure this file is the right file, and I don't know how to upload it if it is.
Can someone help?

4 Replies 4

I did, I used the download link in this guide, but it is too big to download through the gui, is it possible to download it from the server like the guide says with no size restrictions?

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That guide is for a different product.  Keep in mind that the geomaps in Catalyst Center are actually fetched by your client to 3rd party provider.  The Import Maps function in Catalyst Center that you probably tried to use is for importing floor maps, not geomaps.

I don't believe it is possible to have geomaps unless you login to Catalyst Center from a device with internet access.

Okay, so I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

The functionality I need is just a simple map of my local area with waypoints to where every switch is.

I saw this feature in a few cisco videos, where in the dna center they have a world map and they can place sites, floors and devices wherever they want, either by placing a point or by inserting the lat and lon, but the map doesn't load and gives an error saying that I can't load it because there is no internet access, but I can import it manually, I thought the import map button would be that functionality, if not, how can I import a map into the network heirarchy then?