Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual DNAC not discovering devices

dodgerfan78
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I have a brand new virtual DNAC virtual spun up in my lab. It is on the same subnet as 4 C9000V switches in CML. DNAC can ping them and all devices have a privilege 15 user and RO SNMP string. When I go to do discovery using an IP range, DNAC will discover the first device, add it to inventory and then stop. I ran it 5 times and never progressed to the next devices in the range. Example: x.x.x.91-x.x.x.94. It only discovers x.x.x.91. Next, I did a CIDR range and it failed to pick them up.

Then I changed the discovery to x.x.x.92 to x.x.x.94 and guess what? It only discovered the .91 again.

From the console logs of the C9000Vs I can see DNAC logging in to each of the other 3 devices...but I don't see any error message indicating what could be wrong.

What can I do to figure out why discovery is failing on these?

4 Replies 4

dodgerfan78
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, well I added the device manually and it turns out all C9000Vs have the same serial number so that was the issue! Duplicate Serials not support /chuckle

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what DNAC version ?

how about bringing the .91 offline and try to discover only .92 ?

Hope the devices does not have duplicate MAC address ? what IP DNAC Holds ?

what is the full subnet mask of the range of IP you using ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

It wont allow it because the virtuak 9ks all have the same serial number

ha never tried virtual with DNAC  may be you can manipulate that SN NO in CML ? ( need to check - have no idea)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help