Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNAC: is there a way to change the default data retention time

Dominic Stalder
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community

is there a way to change the data retention time (of wireless assurance data) on Cisco DNAC, we use version 2.3.5.3 at the moment?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Dominic

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pieterh
VIP
VIP

AFAIK DNA does not have a retention time, but a storage size
(p.s. I could not modify those settings, but that can be due to privileges)

View Data Retention Settings

You can view how long data is stored for an application.

Procedure

Step 1

In the Cisco DNA Center GUI, click the Menu icon () and choose System > Data Platform.

Step 2

Click Store Settings.

Step 3

To view a list of historical purge jobs that have completed, click Data Purge Schedule.

The HISTORY table lists the name of the purge job, the result, time, and other data. You can sort, filter, and export data in the table.

Step 4

To view the current data retention and purge settings, click Data Retention & Purge Configuration. The following is displayed:

• Document Store: Settings for all time-based data, such as the maximum size and the low and high watermark threshold.

• Metric Graph Store: Settings for all time-based graphical data, such as the maximum size and the low and high watermark threshold.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

pieterh
VIP
VIP

AFAIK DNA does not have a retention time, but a storage size
(p.s. I could not modify those settings, but that can be due to privileges)

View Data Retention Settings

You can view how long data is stored for an application.

Procedure

Step 1

In the Cisco DNA Center GUI, click the Menu icon () and choose System > Data Platform.

Step 2

Click Store Settings.

Step 3

To view a list of historical purge jobs that have completed, click Data Purge Schedule.

The HISTORY table lists the name of the purge job, the result, time, and other data. You can sort, filter, and export data in the table.

Step 4

To view the current data retention and purge settings, click Data Retention & Purge Configuration. The following is displayed:

• Document Store: Settings for all time-based data, such as the maximum size and the low and high watermark threshold.

• Metric Graph Store: Settings for all time-based graphical data, such as the maximum size and the low and high watermark threshold.

Hi Pieterh

thanks for your feedback.

Best regards

Dominic

maogo11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dominic,
Sorry for the sudden message.
I have a question I'd like to ask you. Could you please tell me the reason why you decided to change the retention time of data for wireless clients?

I am currently using DNAC 2.3.5.3 and have noticed that disconnected clients are no longer visible as assurance data. Perhaps you faced the same issue, which led you to ask this question?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Hi maogo11

I wanted to increase the retention time for all assurance data, because I have a python script, which will search for historical data via Cisco DNAC API and after 30 days, all assurance data is gone and my script will not be able to gather the data requested, if I let the script run 30+ days after a WLAN session happened.

That was the root cause for my question. Does this answer your question?

Regards

Dominic

Hi Dominic,

So, you wanted to display wireless clients using the API, right
Thank you for your response.

Regards

maogo11

Hi maogo11

Somehow; I do have some Cisco Spaces reports / exports and wanted to enricht client data there, for example the VLAN ID at a given date / time for a client reported in Cisco Spaces.

Regards

Dominic