cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNAC show "DEPLOYMENT_ERROR" package status and cannot access GUI

Nashja
Level 1
Level 1

There are many error status on the package status as the attachment. And, I cannot access GUI that show the error message "no route and no API found with those values"

I tried to re-build, re-deploy, undeploy the package on CLI. Moreover, I tried to restart and shutdown DNAC server. Unfortunately, I still got the same error.

Could anyone help to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Nash

9 Replies 9

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Two recommendations: Assuming you have UCS Gen 2 DNAC appliances I would use the following as reference during the build out (if you are not sure what generation you have use the following cmd (sudo cat /sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/product_name): https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-3/install_guide/M5/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_1_3_M5/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_1_3_M5_chapter_01.html
Specifically see the following sections as they may help shed light on your issue:
-Required Internet URLs and Fully Qualified Domain Names
-Required Ports and Protocols for Cisco Software-Defined Access
AFAIK you may be encountering issues accessing *.ciscoconnectdna.com:443
From the CLI you can run some connectivity checks to ensure things are reachable via this:
$ curl -k -v https://www.ciscoconnectdna.com (or other urls you want to test from guide)
* Rebuilt URL to: https://www.ciscoconnectdna.com/
* Trying X.X.X.X...
* Connected to www.ciscoconnectdna.com (X.X.X.X) port 443 (#0)
Lastly, if you have a support contract I would suggest working with TAC as well. Good luck & HTH!

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the recommendation. The connection between Cisco DNAC appliance and DNA cloud is OK. I checked it already.

By the way, all packages are deployed already but they got the error during the deployment. Do you know how to factory reset or initial DNAC appliance in order to perform the fresh setup again?

Thank you.

Nash

Nash,

• Which ISO file and version did you build your USB drive for the rebuild?
  • Which Option did you select during the Install Script?  Maglev Installer or Manufacture Cisco DNA Center?
  • Which Network Adapters did you configure?
  • Are all of the Network Adapters connected and in an UP state?

Since you are rebuilding, I would advise starting over:

• Verify the ISO image again
  • Verify that NTP is configured on the CIMC
  • Fast initialize the Virtual Drives(VD) from the CIMC and using the Raid utility at boot up
  • Then boot from ISO and select Maglev Installer from the Install Script
  • Capture screenshots for each screen (aids in troubleshooting)

Once the appliance configuration is configured, it will take up to 90 minutes for all services to be running...

When all services are running then you can access the UI.  At this point you will want to go to software updates and DOWNLOAD ALL for the uninstalled packages.  Once that is completed, select INSTALL ALL.

There is a catch here.  If you start with an ISO that is NOT the latest, you may have som conflicts with the missing packages.  You will need to upgrade to that latest image in the Release train and then you can DOWNLOAD ALL and INSTALL ALL.

I hope this helps...

If you still have issues, capture all the screenshots and record all your steps taken and then Open a Cisco TAC Case with the Cisco DNA Team.

Hi Tomas,

Sorry for confuse information. I mean I tried to rebuild all packages by using "maglev package rebuild --package-all" command (I could not remember the exact syntax), not rebuild IOS.

The service contract is not start yet. So, I could not open TAC case and need to ask for help in the community.

I have some questions as follows:

- Do you know how to fix "DEPLOYMENT_ERROR" package issue?

- Do you know the command to re-deploy all packages?

- If I would like to re-initial DNAC, how can I re-initial by other method except re-build IOS?

I could not find any information or document which related this error that published by Cisco or in Cisco Live on demand library. Please help.

Thank you.

Nash

Nash,

There currently is not reset to factory default with the Cisco DNA Center.  To recover an appliance you would need the ISO Image which would require a Cisco TAC Case so they can post it for you.

To get some more history of this issue, how did you get into this situation?   Was this a new box and you just powered up and went thru the install and it is in this condition?

Please provide the CLI output from the following command:

$ magctl appstack status | egrep 0/

Troubleshooting issues like this is not forum friendly and should be addressed by a Cisco TAC engineer.  You should be able to still open a Cisco TAC case with your Serial# and PurchaseOrder# since the Cisco DNA Center requires service subscription with purchase.   If you explain to them that you simply need to get the ISO file for disaster recovery purposes, they maybe able to assist you.

T.

Hi Nash,

I have the same problem >> I cannot access GUI that show the error message "no route and no API found with those values"

The CLI output from the following command is:

$ magctl appstack status | egrep 0/

maglev-system catalogserver-677d74656b-5nqzk                    0/1     Pending                         0         2d       <none> <none> <none>
maglev-system credentialmanager-pki-pre-hook-cfjxt              0/1     Pending                         0         2d        <none> <none> <none>
maglev-system maglev-registration-54bc54b597-xzqxk           0/1     CrashLoopBackOff        793     2d       172.18.4.16 10.0.30.12 <none>

maglev-system maglev-registry-6479c97b57-hddgx               0/2      Pending                        0          2d      <none> <none> <none>

Please help me,

Thanks,

Hello,

What is the difference between "Manufacture Cisco DNA Appliance" and "Maglev Installer"  options, which one is used when? Both seems to reimage the DNAC Appliance

Also Fast initialize the Virtual Drives(VD) from the CIMC and using the Raid utility at boot up is there a way to check if the RAID structure and all disks and virtual drives have initialized  to start the installation?

Regards,

The Maglev Installer is what a Customer would use to Reimage and Appliance.  Any of the other options are Cisco Internal and should not be used.

In regards to the Virtual Drives, the rule of thumb that I advocate,  always Fast Initialize the drives prior to rebuilding.  The reasons are that if there some artifacts left on the drive from a previous release, there is a potential for Install failure which will cause you to go thru another rebuild workflow.   It only takes a couple of minutes to Fast Init the VDs compared to another hour or two to repeat the Install workflow.  So why take the chance.

Also, just to note since this is changing in the next 2.2.2.4 Release,   Maglev Installer is now going to be Cisco DNA Center Installer

DNAC-Grub-Selection-Regular_ISO_install_01.png