Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploy CLI one Time

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement to deploy 1 line of CLI to a small selection of devices spread across multiple (but not all) all sites.

In Prime Infrastructure this would've been really simple, but I can't figure out the best way to do it in DNAC. Is PI I would've just created a group of the devices, created a CLI Template and then deployed that CLI Template to the Group. 

Is there a simple way to do this in DNAC, or will I need to revert back to Prime??

3 Replies 3

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe this is one of the design intents behind the new Template Hub in 2.3.5.

Thanks - We're running 2.3.5.3-70194 and I've noticed the change to "Template Hub", but at the moment it just looks like a re-branded Template Editor....there doesn't looks to be any new features??

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might be right. I haven't been able to do much testing with it yet to confirm my previous assumption.

You can certainly do this with a simple template though in DNA.  You can assign the template to a Network Profile at just to the necessary sites and provision those devices. If there are only some devices at those sites that need it, while similar devices don't, you can use tags by adding the same tag to the device in inventory and to the template properties.

As a reminder, one great advantage of using the DNA provision process is the CLI template config compliance, which will warn you if any of the provisioned lines of config have deviated over time.  It only monitors config from your templates that DNA provisions, not what's already on the box.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card