cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DN2 mix with DN3

m-farias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, anyone knows if is possible to mix Catalyst Center DN2-HW-APL with DN3-HW-APL in HA?

I didn't find any information only an short "TBD" in FAQ document about DN3 version.
Unfortunately DN2 was deployment this last year.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

fist and second generation have 44 cores only

but some Gen 2 also have 56 cores, with that you can mix with Gen3 - as per my understanding.

As per i know both need to similar cores to be in cluster of HA

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/catalyst-center/2-3-7/ha_guide/b_cisco_catalyst_center_ha_guide_237x.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Well TBD is found in:

https://community.cisco.com/kxiwq67737/attachments/kxiwq67737/discussions-dna/7917/1/catalyst-center-faq_as-of-23oct2023.pdf

Yesterday I open a case in GVE for more documentation and this is the answer:

Catalyst Center currently supports two options for creating redundancy:

• A) Cluster
• B) Disaster Recovery

As of May 2024, it is not yet possible to create a mixed Catalyst Center cluster with DN2 and DN3. However, it is possible to create a mixed Disaster Recovery environment. It is expected that the implementation of Mixed Clusters can be launched by the end of 2024.

Maybe it will be possible later, I hoope so.

Sure that make sense, since cluster is 3 node, so Quorum need same specs as we do all the time clustering same models of specs.

DR is different case - so that is ok for different hardware.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Here is a screenshot from the latest version of the DN3 FAQ.  I am working with the Cisco Documentation Team and this should be updated shortly in the "High Availability" documentation for 2.3.7.x.

Cluster_HA_DR.png