Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center - Cannot delete, edit or resync device

petter.miller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'm trying to delete a device from Provision / Inventory but when I select a device -> resync device, edit device and delete device is all grayed out. 

Anyone seen this behavior and know what to do about it?

Is there som CLI command to force remove a device from the Inventory?

Best regards,

Petter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

I did some investigation using API calls and it turns out the Provision engine was causing my issue:

"failureReason""NCIM11010: Device x.x.x.x cannot be deleted as it is being used by DNA Provision application"

I reprovisioned the devices and forced DNAC to reapply the settings. After that I once again could delete the devices.

-Petter

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what version of DNAC ?,

is this device interface used in Fabric, then i guess you need to remove it from Fabric before deleting devices.

or some bug? open a TAC case to resolve quicker.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi.

DNAC 2.1.2.6

No Fabric mode.

Possibly a bug but before I reach out to TAC I would like to hear if anyone else experienced this issue.

Hi,

i'm facing also that issue on the same version but for the moment there is no TAC case open because we have another issue with provisioning.

I'm interested to hear what tac is telling.

Kind regards,

Kristoff 

Hi.

I did some investigation using API calls and it turns out the Provision engine was causing my issue:

"failureReason""NCIM11010: Device x.x.x.x cannot be deleted as it is being used by DNA Provision application"

I reprovisioned the devices and forced DNAC to reapply the settings. After that I once again could delete the devices.

-Petter

robbannon
Level 1
Level 1

In case anyone else has this issue and re-provisioning doesn't resolve the issue, it didn't for me...my fix was to clear my browser cache. 

PMelinn
Level 1
Level 1

It worked in my case. Unclaimed the device i.e. if provisioned once rule could be Access/Border etc. Tick the device, in action go to edit, Role> select Unknown from drop down menu and save it.

Once Role Status changed, try again and it should work.

Thanks