cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center (DNAC) upgrade

Kane Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a lab DNAC version 2.2.1.0. When I go to the software update page, it only offers version 2.3.5.3 and according to CCO, this is not a valid upgrade as there should be an intermediate step - version 2.2.3.6. I was thinking of taking a backup of my data, then rebuilding the DNAC using version 2.2.3.6 then restoring the backup. Would this work? Can a backup from 2.2.1.0 be restored on 2.2.3.6? If not, what are my options? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

According to this page, you need to upgrade to 2.2.2.9 and then 2.2.3.6.  Are you not seeing the banner or Switch Now button described here?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/upgrade/b_cisco_dna_center_upgrade_guide/m_upgrade_to_cisco_dna_center_2_3_5_x.html#task_zgz_cyv_v5b

Kane Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Preston, apologies, my DNAC version is 2.2.2.0 (not 2.2.1.0 as I stated above) and I want to get to 2.2.3.6 which is the intermediate step before 2.3.5.3.

In DNAC I go to SYSTEM - SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT. Then DNAC takes a few minutes before it tells me that version 2.3.5.3 is now available. Please see the attached screenshot. I wanted to know, how I can upgrade to the intermediate version as things stand. Thanks.

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please open a TAC case.