cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA generating too many AAA lists on 9800 WLC

Jason Salmans
Spotlight
Spotlight

Ran into an issue a few months ago and thought I'd bring it up here.  Basically, I split up a number of buildings into different WLAN network profiles in order to get something working with Cisco UDN for our in-room hospitality APs.  DNA seems to generate a new AAA list for each profile regardless if it is needed.  The result, if you end up with a large number of different WLAN profiles, is a large number of AAA lists that are uniquely named but identical in every other way.

The issue we ran into was that some clients could no longer connect.  After discussing with TAC, it was determined that the 9800 WLC has some sort of soft cap on AAA lists (maybe around 100?) and any lists created over that cap simply don't work.  This was determined not be a bug on the 9800 (still not sure why it lets you generate more lists if there is indeed a cap and no errors/warnings seems like a bug...) but instead something that needed to be fixed in DNA.

After another TAC case, it was mentioned that there is a feature to allow DNAC to specify what AAA lists to use (so in theory I guess you could still make a new one or you could tell all profiles to use a shared one) but no mention on when this was coming other than that priority is usually given for features that are more often requested.  The current workaround is to have more buildings/sites share the same WLAN profile which you can only do if those buildings/sites don't require unique configuration (such as a specific WLAN broadcasting that is only needed in that location).

I wanted to create a discussion here to see if anyone else has run into this at all and maybe what we can do to get this feature moved up in the list?

0 Replies 0