Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Gui not working in new version browsers

mulugeta
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

i mange to access the dna gui via old version of web browsers but not with the newest version 
did anyone experience this problem ?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I appreciate you trying to make it simple, however that isn't needed. I've been in TAC working on this product for over four years now and am very familiar with the internal and external certificate system. What I don't understand is your state regarding needing credentials for the CA as nothing in Catalyst Center requires credentials for a CA and wanted an explanation on what you meant by that so that I could ensure you were given the most accurate information possible. If all you are asking is the requirements to being able to import a third-party/internally signed CA, then you can follow the public guide for accomplishing this:

Cisco Catalyst Center Security Best Practices Guide

Please note that starting in 2.3.3.x you can also generate the CSR via the Catalyst Center GUI by going to Menu -> System -> Settings -> System Certificates.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you provide the information to the following questions please:

- What version of Cisco Catalyst Center are you using?
- Is this the on-prem (physical appliance) or the virtual appliance (VM)?
- What browser and version are you currently trying to access the GUI with?
- Have you confirmed the browser privacy and security settings didn't get updated?
- Have you also tried in private mode of the browser?
- What happens when you attempt to access the GUI in the updated browser?

- What version of Cisco Catalyst Center are you using?2.3.3.7
- Is this the on-prem (physical appliance) or the virtual appliance (VM)?on-prem
- What browser and version are you currently trying to access the GUI with? chrome , edge , (work in version 121.0.6167.161 ) on the newest version doesn't work
- Have you confirmed the browser privacy and security settings didn't get updated? Yes
- Have you also tried in private mode of the browser? And the same result

mulugeta
Level 1
Level 1

- What version of Cisco Catalyst Center are you using?2.3.3.7
- Is this the on-prem (physical appliance) or the virtual appliance (VM)?on-prem
- What browser and version are you currently trying to access the GUI with? chrome , edge , (work in version 121.0.6167.161 ) on the newest version doesn’t work
- Have you confirmed the browser privacy and security settings didn't get updated? Yes
- Have you also tried in private mode of the browser? And the same result

I'm using Chrome on version 125.0.6422.61 with appliances that have the default certificate and an imported/signed certificate. Both situations work for me. This is on 2.3.3.7.72328, 2.3.5.6  and 2.3.7.5.

mulugeta
Level 1
Level 1

someone recommend that i replace the default Catalyst Center Transport Layer Security certificate with a certificate that is signed by my internal certificate authority
does anyone know what's credentials needed for the ca server ? 

Can you expand on what you mean by the "credentials needed for the ca server"?

mulugeta
Level 1
Level 1

There is self-signed certificate to catalyst center built in dna used to authenticate sessions (HTTPS)
The recommended is to replace the default 
and use my internal ca authority to add the certificate needed 

Yes, I understand all of that. I'm asking what you mean by the CA credentials?

let make it simple i want to my certificate to be signed by CA not self-signed

I appreciate you trying to make it simple, however that isn't needed. I've been in TAC working on this product for over four years now and am very familiar with the internal and external certificate system. What I don't understand is your state regarding needing credentials for the CA as nothing in Catalyst Center requires credentials for a CA and wanted an explanation on what you meant by that so that I could ensure you were given the most accurate information possible. If all you are asking is the requirements to being able to import a third-party/internally signed CA, then you can follow the public guide for accomplishing this:

Cisco Catalyst Center Security Best Practices Guide

Please note that starting in 2.3.3.x you can also generate the CSR via the Catalyst Center GUI by going to Menu -> System -> Settings -> System Certificates.