Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Image distribution 'stuck' but completed

DNA 2.3.5.5.  Software image distribution job created to upgrade some C9300 switches to 17.9.5.  This has run and the C9300 switches have been upgraded, however the task in 'Activities/Tasks' shows 'In Progress'.

andrewbutterworth_0-1712829932628.png

If I click the task it shows it has been successful for each switch, however the status shows 'In Progress'.  If I go to 'Inventory, Software Image, Image Update Status', it shows the last four tasks as successful and Zero in progress:

andrewbutterworth_1-1712830003294.png

There isn't a button to delete the task or stop it.

I think this is preventing other tasks from running, as I've just tried to create a backup and nothing has appeared.

6 Replies 6

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I had a similar issue after upgrading to 2.3.5.4 where tasks wouldn't be marked "completed". It was a database issue that required TAC to apply a fix. For some reason I am having a hard time finding my case id so that I can reference the bug id - but it sounds _sort of_ similar.

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

Since we've upgraded to 2.3.5.5 we now have the restricted CLI, so TAC will be essential.  Unfortunately, the lab DNAC is in support limbo currently....

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

I spotted this bug-id: CSCwi38620 - Cisco DNA Center 2.3.5.4 SWIM Task Showing InProgress  in the 2.3.7.5 release notes. It looks to be matching your issue description.

Apparently also fixed in 2.3.5.6 as well.

Sylvain.

We're on 2.3.5.5, so it might be we just wait for the next release to pop up on DNAC.

Andrew,
You have a couple of options, but both would require a Cisco TAC Case.

- A Cisco TAC engineer can login to you cluster and run some CLI commands and clean up the SWIM Tasks stuck in progress.
- A Cisco TAC engineer perform option #1 and then also, you can request to upgrade to latest release that just FCSd 2.3.7.5 which also has the fix.

And a third option where we don't have support currently....