cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Refused to connect

Cisco1619
Level 1
Level 1

I brought my DNA appliance online yesterday and got the initial configuration completed. Today I tried to log in through HTTPS and I get getting a "refused to connect" error. I am running version 1.3.3.9. Has anyone had this issue? The browser doesn't seem to matter, it is happening on multiple browsers.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I tried both but neither one worked. I when into the KVM and found that some of the interfaces were not configured the way I put them in, and the cluster link wasn't attached to any interface. It would not let me modify anything in this state so I have to re-image the appliance again. After the re-image everything appears to be working properly this time. I'm not sure what went corrupt on the first attempt! 

Thanks for helping with this.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

FYSA 

The Cisco DNA Center GUI is compatible with the following HTTPS-enabled browsers:

• Google Chrome: Version 62.0 or later.

• Mozilla Firefox: Version 54.0 or later.

Something else to check, can you let us know if any pods are hung/inactive from CLI:

$ magctl appstack status | grep 0/

Thanks for helping with this. I had it fully updated yesterday after a complete rebuild, then I powered off the lab for the night. This morning when I powered it back up, that's when I started getting this error. 

This is the output I received from the command you suggested. I checked and my web browsers are above the recommended versions.

$ magctl appstack status | grep 0/
The connection to the server 127.0.0.1:9443 was refused - did you specify the right host or port?

[Wed Jan 27 19:06:38 UTC] maglev@10.201.98.254 (maglev-master-172-31-239-5) ~
$

Thanks.

How long did you wait after powering back on the Appliance?

It was running for around 5 hrs and I still wasn't able to log into it.

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Are you  connecting to the cluster VIP og the node IP address?

I tried both but neither one worked. I when into the KVM and found that some of the interfaces were not configured the way I put them in, and the cluster link wasn't attached to any interface. It would not let me modify anything in this state so I have to re-image the appliance again. After the re-image everything appears to be working properly this time. I'm not sure what went corrupt on the first attempt! 

Thanks for helping with this.

atsaya2512
Level 1
Level 1

Was this issue fixed? I'm also facing the same issue, my DNAC is DN2-HW-APL, DNAC Version - 2.1.2.5. All the IP and virtual IP are reachable, but when we try to reach GUI it says "Connection refused". When I try to update the configuration it is stuck in "Recreating PODs" for more than 2 hours. Is it something related to the issue? Kindly help me figure out the issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card