cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC File system utilization alert

Xuennn
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting the alert "Warning: Utilization on File System /data is at 60.04%.

What should we do to check this further?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are on 2.3.3.x and older, which you shouldn't be as everything below 2.3.3.x is now end of support (EoS), then please run the following command via the CLI:

sudo du -h /data --max-depth=1

This will give us an overview of which directories hold the most space. From there we can try to identify were the space is. However, as long as it remains under 70% you can still upgrade. If /data breaches 80&, then we have a serious problem. So if it starts growing and getting close to 80%, open a TAC case immediately.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Which version are you on? I don't believe there is much you can do if you are on 2.3.5.X or later. If you are on an earlier release with the unrestricted shell you can delete old AURA reports and RCA files.

That said I have multiple DNACs/CCs with that warning message that hasn't been a problem. I would consult TAC before proceeding with any upgrade as long as you are having that warning though.

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

estetson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I wouldn't be too worried about 60.04%. I believe we send the alert at 60%, and we're just barely over that.  As mentioned before, if you're on 2.3.3.x or earlier, you can check and remove any old RCA's from the /data/rca directory.

If you're upgrading from 2.3.3.x or earlier to 2.3.5.x, it may be worth opening a TAC case to verify we have enough space for the upgrade. One of our databases, Postgres, has a major update in 2.3.5.x.  In order for this update to happen, it must replicate its full database over to the new version. Because of this, whatever the current size of Postgres, you need at least that much free. If we're only at 60% utilization, we're probably fine, but it would be worth to have TAC check prior to an upgrade to 2.3.5.x.

maflesch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are on 2.3.3.x and older, which you shouldn't be as everything below 2.3.3.x is now end of support (EoS), then please run the following command via the CLI:

sudo du -h /data --max-depth=1

This will give us an overview of which directories hold the most space. From there we can try to identify were the space is. However, as long as it remains under 70% you can still upgrade. If /data breaches 80&, then we have a serious problem. So if it starts growing and getting close to 80%, open a TAC case immediately.