Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC install issues

Karl Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Has anyone experienced install issues on the DNAC? i have tried to install several images from a bootable usb or mapped drive via the cimc. Each one seems to be giving me transfer issues at different stages. I have done this on a few boxes now but I'm finding one I'm working at very troublesome.

some images attached

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Karl Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Got it going with a usb 3.0 hard disk on 2.2.3.4. Done the cimc upgrades but im not sure if that helped or not as we had fails from a usb pen drive. Must of had at least 10+ install attempts. I think these might be temperamental to the install media

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would recommend opening a TAC case to troubleshoot this further.

What program are you using to create the bootable USB? Virtual Drive Mapping is not technically supported for DNA Center installation.

Make sure you use balena etcher to create the bootable USB, if you are not using this application already:

-- https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe mapped drives are officially supported.  Have you tried different USB drives?  Which method are you using to build bootable USB? 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-3/install_guide/2ndgen/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_2_2_3_2ndGen/m_prepare_the_appliance_for_configuration_2_2_3_2ndgen.html?bookSearc...

You may have some luck following the instructions in the guide to reinitialize the virtual drives.  Let us know how that goes.

Karl Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried two separate usb pen drives, a usb hard drive and mapped network drives. I have been able to install the Dnac software from all these sources in recent months. Currently trying 2.2.2.5 at the moment. If this fails i am going to try and update the Bios/Cimc to the latest recommended as its the only thing i haven't touched. All the issues relate to read errors but i have no failed disk etc and i have now tried from multiple sources. I have created the drives via Etcher and also i have tried Rufus.

Karl Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Got it going with a usb 3.0 hard disk on 2.2.3.4. Done the cimc upgrades but im not sure if that helped or not as we had fails from a usb pen drive. Must of had at least 10+ install attempts. I think these might be temperamental to the install media