cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC license renewal question.

sara03
Level 1
Level 1

Been trying to find the answer on this I can see a lot of DNA questions have been asked here in my searching.

I recently started at a new company and all the Cisco Smartnet, Licensing and subscriptions are due after an initial 3 year term. Basically the campus was built 3 years ago by the government and then handed over to the company I work for. I have most of it in hand but one thing is bothering me.

We have hundreds of 9300s and a DNA Centre. The DNA Centre is used to deploy images and for monitoring and alerts.

The Question I am being asked by management is do we have pay the DNA Advantage component on the the 9300 quote.

I know we don't have renew the DNA Advantage and my understanding is the 9300 will fall back to perpetual network essentials license.

From my understanding the DNAC will still be able to deliver images and monitor the switches.

But I doubt myself as I never used DNAC before always a third party tool like solar winds.

As you can imagine the DNA Advantage is a MASSIVE cost.

If the DNAC will still work for image deployment without us paying advantage anymore great, if not I still don't want to pay but need to budget for another tool which I can get something 3rd for less than 10% of the cost.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies 0