cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC - templates invisible after failover in Disaster Recovery system.

olivier vigeant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have deployed several Disaster Recovery systems for a customer, some are 1+1+1 and some are 3+3+1, using version 2.3.5.5.

After a failover, my templates are not visible in the Template Hub. It happened on each of my 5 DR system. Everything is detailed in the attached document. 

TAC didn't succeed to reproduce in their lab, but saw the issue during a webex on one of my DR system.
Before failover, the template are present in database on both sites, but after failover they are not visible in the GUI of the new Active site.

Did anyone also had this behavior ?

Regards.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
After a failover, my templates are not visible in the Template Hub. It happened on each of my 5 DR system

if you fail back to original position is the templates visible ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

olivier vigeant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

in my attached document, I performed the failover back to Main site and my intials templates created on the Main were still visible, but not the templates created on Recovery site while it was the Active site.

And since I had to proceed with my workaround on all my DR systems, I can not reproduce any of the situations, as it seems the workaround solves the issue permanently.

During the webex, TAC engineer checked in the cli and the templates were present in database on both sites. But after failover from Main to Recovery, the template were not visible in the GUI on Recovery site.

Regards

DJW487
Level 1
Level 1

On both my standalone Catalyst Centre boxes, after upgrade from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5, my composite templates lost all included templates. I had to readd all sub templates to the composites. I also had issues where the templates were constantly saying they were not committed even though you could commit, then go out and it would say not committed on next refresh.

I eventually exported all templates, then reimported and it seems to have fixed that.