Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Upgrade Restore from Backup

mikek2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are looking at rebuilding our DNAC cluster. One of the 3 nodes has died and must be replaced and there are few errors from failed upgrades from the past.  

Having said that we have invested considerably time in setting up the sites, floor diagrams and AP locations and would not like to have to go through this again.

We carry out weekly backups of DNAC off site.

We are current sitting on DNAC version 2.2.2.9 and would like to move to 2.3.3.7 when we reimage.

My question is, can we migrate our back up data from DNAC version 2.2.2.9 including floor layouts, AP locations etc, to a new build of DNAC version 2.3.3.7? Or would we need to start from scratch and add all of floor diagrams, AP locations again?

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello!

You cannot take a backup from one version of Cisco DNA Center and restore it to another version of Cisco DNA Center. You only can restore a backup to an appliance that is running the same Cisco DNA Center software version, applications, and application  versions as the appliance and applications from which the backup was taken. 
I would suggest you downgrade to the version 2.2.2.9 and do the restore and than upgrade.

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hello!

You cannot take a backup from one version of Cisco DNA Center and restore it to another version of Cisco DNA Center. You only can restore a backup to an appliance that is running the same Cisco DNA Center software version, applications, and application  versions as the appliance and applications from which the backup was taken. 
I would suggest you downgrade to the version 2.2.2.9 and do the restore and than upgrade.

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****