Helpful
Replies

EPC with C2960CX problem

lacv2k1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I hope anyone can help with this issue:

I need to capture the packet traffic for one of the interfaces of a 2960 using the EPC utility. The switch has the following hardware / software: WS-C2960CX-8TC-L, 15.2(4)E6, C2960CX-UNIVERSALK9-M

Searching for the information and as I can see the command interface, I have been following the configuration instruction at:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/ios-embedded-packet-capture/116045-productconfig-epc-00.html

As indicated in the documentation, in order to capture the traffic for a specific interface, I used the IP CEF option for the point capture configuration.

The problem is when I start the capture and check the buffer dump, I realize no packets is captured. Of course I have tried with other connected interfaces and also using the VLAN associated, but the result is the same: no packets are captures at all.

After this result, I have been checking information about CEF configuration and as I can see, I understand CEF shoukd be enabled for the interface I required to capture packets. Then I have been checked following the documentation:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/ios-software-releases-120-mainline/47205-cef-whichpath.html

And as I can see the problem could be that the CEF is no enabled neither the particular interface or the VLAN as showed:

lacv2k1_0-1719948207521.png

After this I have been trying to enable CEF for the interface, following the instructions, but the commands dont work. Also when I tried for the VLAN command is accepted but the disable state does not change.

I guess I need to make further adjustments or maybe the switch software does not allow to enable CEF.

I hope someone can give me some clues to reach a solution for this problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

1 Reply 1

enable disable CEF effect debug not EPC 

you can debug traffic no need to EPC except you have high CPU utilize 

MHM