Views
Helpful
Replies

NCGR10087 Error in DNA Center

Vida44
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know what is causing this error in DNA Center?

NCGR10087: Site cannot be updated as site or its parent has network profile associations.

I cannot move a Buildng from one Area to another. Although when I create a completely new Area it works like a charm.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vida44, the error message you are receiving is DNA Center working by design as you cannot move or delete a site element that is currently assigned to a network profile. Please remove the site element from the network profile(s) it is assigned to and then you will be able to move the site element in the site hierarchy. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vida44, the error message you are receiving is DNA Center working by design as you cannot move or delete a site element that is currently assigned to a network profile. Please remove the site element from the network profile(s) it is assigned to and then you will be able to move the site element in the site hierarchy. 

Vida44
Level 1
Level 1

I think I found the "problem" for my newbie question. 
"Design -> Network Profiles" and see what is assigned where.

Thank you.

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FYI, this thread is at the top of the google rankings for a similar error, with a different fix: 

NCGR10088: Parent cannot be updated as the site hierarchy has one or more provisioned devices."

To resolve it, you can use the Provision focus of Inventory to see which devices have actually had a successful provision for the site you wish to move in your site hierarchy, then you'll need to delete from and re-add those devices to inventory.