Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA design for very small sites

laobs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a query around SDA-design for very small sites.

We have a number of sites where there is a single 3560CX which are connected to MPLS CE. The MPLS CE devices are out of my administrative control. All routing is on the MPLS CE.

My understanding is the 3560CX can only be an extended node and needs to connect to an upstream fabric edge capable device.

- Is it correct that to make these very small sites SD-Access I would have to do Fabric-in-a-box with 9300?
        - If there is only a single VN at these sites is a Fusion device required, can I use static routes pointing to the MPLS CE?

- Also, should there in future be a requirement for more than 1VN (say an additional VN for guest wireless) I would have to add another device between the FIAB and the MPLS CE for fusion capability?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally based on the requirement, i do not see any Advantage here SD-Access ?  ( Bare in Mind the solution is not that simple cost you).

How many sites we are considering here ? what is the challanges you have ?

Cat 9300 support Fabric in Box, rquired DNA (Network Advantage) License .

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-sda-design-guide.html#Reference_Models

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

There's quite a few sites that have the same profile. Probably ~ 20

The benefits we see are being able to have visibility of every site in our network, to manage consistently with regards security policies, software upgrades etc all from DNA Center.

Costs aside (for now), would the earlier assumptions be correct?

20 sites each site have only 1 Switch? is this correct?

On HQ or Central how big is the site?

Make a small Diagram show us how your network Looks like or refers to the URL  CVD has more information.

Is the remote site to HQ is L2 hand-off or L3? Do you have any SD-WAN in place?

If you Looking to refresh the network Cat 9300 is good to go, it has features you looking for, make sure you bu the AP which is compatible if you looking to deploy Wireless.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

One option could be to use the MPLS as an underlay for SDA. Configure the a 9300/9200 as edge device on each site, and  the MPLS CE link for backhaul with normal routing.

Of cause this requires a MTU addition of 50Byte, and less than 10ms to the WLC.

Have a look at the design guide for more information about MTU and RTT: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-sda-design-guide.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card