Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA edge node behind edge node behind edge node

nathanmonteyne0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

So I know edge node behind edge node is possible but I have the following scenario

nathanmonteyne0_0-1700751777453.png

So the seeding device discovers 4 switches it places everything in queue until Switch 1 is provisioned then it starts with switch 2.
Until this point it is working. When Switch 2 is provisioned and in a managed state in the inventory. It just stops.
It keeps saying for the other 2 switches Queued for later processing when neighbor device is in managed state or in inventory

Can I assume that IN > EN > EN > EN > EN is not working but 
IN > EN > EN works?

IN is intermediate node

if it is indeed not supposed to be working do I need to configure the other 2 switches as Extended nodes? 

kind regards,
Nathan

EDIT
So with more context here in the picture

nathanmonteyne0_0-1701183934709.png

Above would be the best as this is how it is connected right now only not configured as DNAC just doesn't want to do it it seems.
that is intermediate node behind that 3 Edge nodes and then final 1 extended node
if this is not possible I was wondering if 2 extended nodes behind each other if possible to configure and if that would work.

nathanmonteyne0_1-1701183996618.png

Last would be to just configure one switch as an intermediate node and have 2 edge nodes and 1 extended node.

nathanmonteyne0_2-1701184070233.png

Would anyone be able to help me out on what is possible or not, all documents that are related to this are not that clear to me as what is possible some colleagues didn't even know that Edge node > edge node was possible me neither until I stumbled upon it with LAN automation

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry but I'm not able to find my answer in the link you provided.
Also don't know if edge node > edge node > extended node > extended node is allowed.
What I notice know Is I think I need to make one of the edge nodes an intermediate node.
to that it is Intermediate node > edge node > edge node > extended node.

If it is possible to do edge edge edge edge that would be great.
or any other combination like mentioned before

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card