Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA Wireless AP Communication

sutha_entc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I just want to check on the SDA Wireless AP communication in underlay. we are using Infra (default) vrf for AP subnet and due to our undelay infra design, we have asymmetric routing from Wireless AP subnet to service subnets (DNAC, DHCP, DNS etc). As i know AP need to communicate with DHCP server to get the IP address. other than the DHCP communication, do we need any other communication from AP to any other services? do  we need AP need to communicate with DNAC? especially I am looking for any TCP traffic from AP which block by firewall because of asymmetric routing. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Don't think asymmetric routing will be an issue here. If you have two NGFWs on site, typically one will be active and the other will be passive, so all traffic should flow through a single NGFW anyway.

As for ports, all is documented in the Catalyst Center Install and upgrade guides.

In the embedded link above, you can go to table 7 & 8.

Hope that helps.

Regards, P.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Don't think asymmetric routing will be an issue here. If you have two NGFWs on site, typically one will be active and the other will be passive, so all traffic should flow through a single NGFW anyway.

As for ports, all is documented in the Catalyst Center Install and upgrade guides.

In the embedded link above, you can go to table 7 & 8.

Hope that helps.

Regards, P.

@PabMar thanks for your reply. the link is very helpful.