Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch new out of the box but won't get discovered in LAN automation

nathanmonteyne0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

So all the switches that I'm using in LAN automation are brand new and out of the box they get connected to the appropriate port.
No console access is being done.
But sometimes a few switches just won't get discovered and then we replace them and those get discovered.
I have zero clue where the issue could be.
Anyone else had this?

Kind regards

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The switches should be some minimum version to work PNP - also you need to provide below information :

1. what model of the switch and what IOS code it shipped with (you can connect console and check why it not working)

2. what is the DNAC version

is there any switches done before PNP  and working ok, or none worked before ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So everything I shipped with the same version not fully sure which version it was exactly but like 10% of the switches are failing
DNAC version is 2.3.5.4
model of the switches are C9300

We can see that it is getting connected to the pnp server in the logging but nothing else happens after that nothing show up in plug and play and also there is nothing in error.

Get onto CLI of one of those switches and issue command "pnpa service reset". Give it another go at LAN AUTO.

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately still same issue

what version of IOS XE on cat 9300 - connect console and check where it stopping and post the complete log here.

can you give small diagram of your network to understand - how the setup done.

which version it was exactly but like 10% of the switches are failing  - this shows some switches are able to sucess with lan automation, can you compare the version working vs not work,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help