cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My CML does not show fully the nodes to create labs.

mlpillai1465
Level 1
Level 1

I have issues with CML Personal Edition and cannot  see any nodes to  create lab topologies .I have downloaded the latest ISO file and ensure the laptop has memory , CPU  etc to run CML. I have uninstalled it, and reinstalled it along with  VMware workstation player , but only see unmanaged switch and external connector.  I am using the refplat-20220211-fcs.iso

The system status shows a red cross for reference platforms.  I cannot understand  how this has occurred and need to resolve it for my Ongoing Certs Studies.

Q. Should I   run CML on a server rather than a desktop pc ?

Any useful suggestions and tips would be greatly  appreciated.  

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what CPU you have ?Intel processors must support VTx, EPT, and vPro.

check the requirement :

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/modeling-labs/#!cml-installation-guide

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Balaji for the quick response. 

The laptop has an Intel processor  4 cores AMD .8GB RAM. Windows 10Pro.

I selected the virtualize \intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI in the  vm ware settings.

I will check the url.  

I  bought a new Win 11 PC  with 32 GB RAM, I5 processor, enabled all settings as set out in guides. I loaded the correct ISO. Still cant get nodes to  be displayed so I can work on labs and studies.  I have deleted my VMWare Workstation player and reinstalled it, endured all setting are correct. 

Does  Personal CML edition actually work. ?  I see lots of issues  on posts and   discussion threads. 

If Anyone can  suggest  useful  tips and instructions to follow. That would be great. 

basic requirement of CML :

Intel processors must support VTx, EPT, and vPro.

Make sure you downloaded the right ISO image to get Nodes in the Lab.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/modeling-labs/#!copy-the-refplat-iso-to-disk

The node definitions and image definitions from the refplat ISO have been copied to your CML server. Your CML server no longer needs to have the refplat ISO image mounted as a CD/DVD drive. Your CML server is now ready to run simulations.

Does  Personal CML edition actually work. ?  I see lots of issues  on posts and   discussion threads. 

As per know thousads of people using already and working as expected, Make sure you follow installation guide.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help