cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Share Device

gian.caprez1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a Cisco Webex Share device?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/webex-share/datasheet-c78-741592.html

Is it possible to share content via the general Cisco Proximity software (not Webex Teams) ?

The plan would be to use it for some screens that are all around the company and where users want to project their screen on without connecting a cable. They already have the Cisco Proximity app anyway, so that would be perfect.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

ChiHuang Chiu
Level 1
Level 1

We will buy a lot of that devices if it support proximity.

Sadly, at this point that doesn't seem likely; the Share devices' software stack is tightly tied to Webex Teams.

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Sorry, I don't believe these devices will ever be supported by Cisco Proximity. Their design is too tightly coupled with Webex Teams.

We would have bought a ton of these devices if it would support proximity in general (proximity app, proximity within cisco jabber, proxmity within webex, proximity within webex app).

In this case, its not usable for us...thats a shame.

Have noticed that the Webex shares now work with the Webex Desktop app, but not with the proximity app.
Currently having some delay issues when connected to a Webex meeting, however just local sharing via the Desktop app works pretty well.
Still not true proximity however (media hairpins through the internet as opposed to staying local).
Unsure if it will ever check first to see if available locally, however suspect it may work with Video mesh eventually.

I just received my device, and it doesn't appear so.  Need to register it on admin.webex.com...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: