GadgetFood
Level 1
Level 1

I have MX 200 with TC7.3.0.8cb420c

I have proximity on my PC and IOS however they are not finding my endpoint

CUCM is 10.5.2

Is there anything I am missing

I found the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mx-series/tc7/administration-guide/mx200-mx300-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Proximity is not supported on TC software but you can enable the feature on the endpoint manually as experimental and this may or may not work the way you expect.

Via the web interface go to system --> configuration, search for experimental and set the experimental BYOD mode to "On". This will enable the Proximity functionality on the endpoint so you should be able to pair.

For full Proximity support you need Collaboration Endpoint Software. Unfortunately the MX200 G1 does not support this software.

Learn more about Cisco Proximity here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12159326/troubleshooting-guide-cisco-proximity

/Magnus

View solution in original post

The experimental settings are there, they are just hidden, in the search box type "experimental" and they'll appear.

However, TC software only supports the mobile Proximity clients.  If you try to connect using a desktop Proximity client, you'll get a message saying the endpoint does not support Proximity and that it's an unsupported endpoint software, this is because the desktop clients require the endpoint to run CE software.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Proximity is not supported on TC software but you can enable the feature on the endpoint manually as experimental and this may or may not work the way you expect.

Via the web interface go to system --> configuration, search for experimental and set the experimental BYOD mode to "On". This will enable the Proximity functionality on the endpoint so you should be able to pair.

For full Proximity support you need Collaboration Endpoint Software. Unfortunately the MX200 G1 does not support this software.

Learn more about Cisco Proximity here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12159326/troubleshooting-guide-cisco-proximity

/Magnus

Yes guess I am out of luck seems doesn't have the Experimental section.

The experimental settings are there, they are just hidden, in the search box type "experimental" and they'll appear.

However, TC software only supports the mobile Proximity clients.  If you try to connect using a desktop Proximity client, you'll get a message saying the endpoint does not support Proximity and that it's an unsupported endpoint software, this is because the desktop clients require the endpoint to run CE software.

Thanks that did it! Theres not much to play with but just wanted to check it out. Thanks for the tip

Hola 

Tenemos una Mx200 y creo que con el Proximity mobile debería funcionar(no el de escritorio) he entrado en configuración- experimental- byod y he activado en On, pero al salvar me indica valor ilegal y no me guarda la configuración, la versión del software es la TC6.3

Gracias

Perdón el que tenemos es el TC7.3.6

No suportamos Cisco Proximity en español, por favor puede escribir en inglés?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: