cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity crashes when sharing content with CE 8.3.0

luke.heier
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded a few of our video endpoints to CE 8.3.0 for testing. With the latest Mac version of Proximity (2.0.3), it crashes as soon as you click "Share Screen" when connected to a video system.

7 Replies 7

luke.heier
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Any update on this?  We have an entirely 100% Mac based environment.  We have 600+ employees that are unable to use Proximity on their machines due to this issue.  I find it ridiculous that this has gone on for over a month without any light being shed on the problem.  Does Cisco not care about supporting Proximity?

Have you tried to upgrade to 8.3.1?

I have.  Unfortunately, I get the same result.   Which didn't really surprise me since there wasn't anything in the release notes for bug fixes.

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have investigated the bug a bit. I'd love it if you could answer a few questions:

1. Have you tried starting screen sharing from the menu bar? Does that work? Could you try selecting your screen from the “Select screen” submenu?
  2. Did this suddenly start happening, or are you a first time user of Proximity?
  3. Are you using a retina screen, and do you have any other screens connected?

Thanks for the reply!  I just went through a bunch of workflows to answer your questions.

1. I did try sharing from the menu bar and it also crashed that way.  I also tried selecting the screen from the Select screen submenu, and it also crashed then.

2.  This suddenly happened after upgrading our video endpoints to CE 8.3.0.  We've been using Proximity from quite some time and this is the first time we've seen this issue.

3.  Yes, I'm using a retina screen.  I've tried sharing my screen both with and without an external screen connected.  It crashes either way.

I also have the same problem.  DX80 running ce 8.3.0 Final c1a7707 2016-12-16, macOS Sierra version 10.12.2 and proximity Version desktop-2.0.3

The splash page tells me I am connected to my Dx 80 and when I hit Share Scree it crashes with the same message in the screen shot.  Additionally I have tried to share using the menu bar and it also crashes with the same message as the screenshot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: