Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity Setup Error

Daniel Martins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gang,

Proximity seems to have broken and when attempting to re-install we get the error:

I've tried using registry cleaners and clearing the TEMP folder in Windows but no luck.

I've also tried to use uninstallers like Recover Uninstaller but it does not see any old Proximity installs. 

Any advice?

Thanks,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have not experienced this problem before. To help you debug, please do the following. The commands should be run in a command prompt window.

1. Make sure you have the latest proximity.msi from https://proximity.cisco.com/
  2. Make sure any old version of Proximity is uninstalled:
    wmic path win32_product where 'Name = "Proximity"' call Uninstall
  3. Run the installer using this command line, making sure to use the Proximity.msi you just downloaded:
    msiexec /l*vx! install.log /qb! /i Proximity.msi ALLUSERS=2 MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1
  4. Upload the resulting install.log here

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

vincent.briquet
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniel,

Are you running a 64 bits version of the OS ? I think we encountered the same error on 32 bits Win7.

As per release notes:

Cisco® Proximity is supported on the following 64 bit operating system versions running:

• Windows 7 and above*
• Mac OS X 10.9 and above
*The Windows client is released as a Beta and the tile based Windows interface is not supported

Cheers

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have not experienced this problem before. To help you debug, please do the following. The commands should be run in a command prompt window.

1. Make sure you have the latest proximity.msi from https://proximity.cisco.com/
  2. Make sure any old version of Proximity is uninstalled:
    wmic path win32_product where 'Name = "Proximity"' call Uninstall
  3. Run the installer using this command line, making sure to use the Proximity.msi you just downloaded:
    msiexec /l*vx! install.log /qb! /i Proximity.msi ALLUSERS=2 MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1
  4. Upload the resulting install.log here

Hey mneergaa,

The wmic command helped very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big thanks,

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: