Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Images from Cisco Software Website or CML

Joy3
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

I would like to use GNS3 to model some labs. Courtesy of my company, I have access to the Cisco sofware images. However, whenever I upload the .bin files to GNS3, I get the 'image not valid' message. Are the images from CML any different/special from the actual images used in Cisco devices. Is it a must to get the CML images to use in GNS3?

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

GNS3 supports Only a few router images and only one with 15.x IOS.  you can run 7200s router 15.0 or 15.1 IOS in GNS3; not any switch images. check with gns3 forum how they run switch image in gns3.

CML comes with its own virtual images that are tested to run in CML. Perhaps some of CML images can be run in GNS3 but it is illegal to do so.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CML uses official supplied by Cisco along with CML Version, GNS3 can be used same images - make sure you have right images downloaded from internet, Cisco not officially supply to GNS3.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin L
VIP
VIP

GNS3 supports Only a few router images and only one with 15.x IOS.  you can run 7200s router 15.0 or 15.1 IOS in GNS3; not any switch images. check with gns3 forum how they run switch image in gns3.

CML comes with its own virtual images that are tested to run in CML. Perhaps some of CML images can be run in GNS3 but it is illegal to do so.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **