cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"server error" on iPhone app

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, every now and then I get an error message from the app on an iPhone 4S. The app logs me out (maybe due to a timeout) but when I try to log back in it errors saying 'server error' the last action was not successfully completed.

Then I have to delete the app and reinstall if for it to work again.

Not that it bothers me, but I'd thought I should let someone know :-)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.
21 Replies 21

We're seeing a number of errors from the external gateway over the last hour... investigation continues.

Answer to my previous question: We're seeing errors with Android as well.

The engineering team is well engaged. Will keep you posted.

Dave

Update:

There was a major outage with our external gateway (all mobile requests go through our gateway) affecting many external applications. Our engineering team has engaged our IT team to resolve the outstanding issues.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Scott and Bilal,

Things should be back to normal now. There was an issue with one of our external gateway nodes which resulted in every request hitting that node to be rejected. That node was restarted, we've been monitoring the gateway's logs and we're looking good. Long and short - our recent client update was not a/the contributing factor.

I want to apologize for the problems you were having, as well as thank you both for bringing this to our attention as quickly as you had. I know there are many users out there who will never see the "blip" due to both of your due dilligence.

Much Appreciated!

Dave

Well it seems better:). I'll let you know if it starts acting up again:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

One caveat... It won't be uncommon to have issues early Sunday morning due to our ticketing system weekly maintenance...

We're working on In-App notifications where we can alert folks of downtime... it's still a little ways out, but it's coming. Hopefully, it'll help alleviate some of these headaches.

I just sent a PM with my personal contact info in the event you continue to run into issues.

Dave

Hello Dave, I very much appreciate your updates and responses. Don't mind weekend maintenance, since you had informed us and is expected :)

It was just today's event which was a little out of character (personally for me) to see it happen at that time, since I never experienced it around that time.
Glad you guys solved with a simple reboot - I could have told you the fix! :-P

Very much looking forward to heads up notifications and other enhancements.

Thank you

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Thanks a lot! It would be nice to have a notice:). I got your PM also.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***