cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't create attendee for recurring training session

pmorddnY2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I can successfully create an attendee for a single training session. However, when I try to do so the same with a recurring training session, I get a Server Error.

<bodyContent xsi:type="att:registerMeetingAttendee" xmlns:att="http://www.webex.com/schemas/2002/06/service/attendee">

<att:attendees>

<att:person>

<com:name>My Name</com:name>

<com:email>Test@test.com</com:email>

</att:person>

<att:sessionKey>232566711</att:sessionKey>

<att:emailInvitations>false</att:emailInvitations>

</att:attendees>

</bodyContent>

</body>

Here's the error:

<serv:header>

<serv:response>

<serv:result>FAILURE</serv:result>

<serv:reason>Server Error</serv:reason>

<serv:gsbStatus>PRIMARY</serv:gsbStatus>

<serv:exceptionID>000000</serv:exceptionID>

</serv:response>

</serv:header>

Can someone advise me? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Server Error is an unexpected error and possible result of some bug or other uncaught exception. If you can duplicate this error, please add the following element to your securityContext;

<returnAdditionalInfo>TRUE</returnAdditionalInfo>

This error will return additional server details in the response to allow the support team to find the related application logs on the XML service side. Please provide the full response data to webex-meetings-api-dev@cisco.com after duplicating the issue early during the same day, these logs are truncated by file size and typically roll within 24 hours. The error logs may help to find the real cause of error. Note that RegisterMeetingAttendee is historically a Meeting Center only request and we will generally recommend using CreateMeetingAttendee with joinStatus set to REGISTER or ACCEPT, depending on whether you want the registration created in pending or approved status.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Server Error is an unexpected error and possible result of some bug or other uncaught exception. If you can duplicate this error, please add the following element to your securityContext;

<returnAdditionalInfo>TRUE</returnAdditionalInfo>

This error will return additional server details in the response to allow the support team to find the related application logs on the XML service side. Please provide the full response data to webex-meetings-api-dev@cisco.com after duplicating the issue early during the same day, these logs are truncated by file size and typically roll within 24 hours. The error logs may help to find the real cause of error. Note that RegisterMeetingAttendee is historically a Meeting Center only request and we will generally recommend using CreateMeetingAttendee with joinStatus set to REGISTER or ACCEPT, depending on whether you want the registration created in pending or approved status.

Thanks for your reply. I've sent that info as requested to that email address.

I tried CreateMeetingAttendee

<bodyContent xsi:type="att:createMeetingAttendee" xmlns:att="http://www.webex.com/schemas/2002/06/service/attendee">

<att:person>

<com:name>Paul Test</com:name>

<com:email>test@test.com</com:email>

<type>VISITOR</type>

</att:person>

<att:sessionKey>232566711</att:sessionKey>

<att:emailInvitations>true</att:emailInvitations>

<att:joinStatus>REGISTER</att:joinStatus>

</bodyContent>

It worked if I didn't add joinStatus. However, I want to actually register and accept a user so when I try joinStatus of either REGISTER or ACCEPT, I get the following error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<serv:message xmlns:serv="http://www.webex.com/schemas/2002/06/service" xmlns:com="http://www.webex.com/schemas/2002/06/common" xmlns:att="http://www.webex.com/schemas/2002/06/service/attendee">

<serv:header>

<serv:response>

<serv:result>FAILURE</serv:result>

<serv:reason>Only INVITE joinStatus is allowed for signle recurrence session.</serv:reason>

<serv:gsbStatus>PRIMARY</serv:gsbStatus>

<serv:exceptionID>040013</serv:exceptionID>

</serv:response>

</serv:header>

<serv:body>

<serv:bodyContent/>

</serv:body>

</serv:message>

Hello,

That looks like it may be a bad error as well, but it is at least more useful than "server error". A single recurring session can be addressed by adding the sessionNum element to your request, and setting the value to a real whole number counting up from 1 corresponding to the first, second, third, etc. recurrence.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: