cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Definition of "Session"

bwoods0504
Level 1
Level 1

I am making calls against "ava:com.webex.service.binding.ep.LstOpenSession" on the XML API....and I am getting the number of "sessions" returned.

The issue I am running into is that the documentation doesn't really define what counts as a "session"....is a meeting (regardless of the number of attendees) a single session? Is each attendee their own session? Any help understanding these numbers would be welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

A Session is a WebEx Meeting, LstOpenSession will perform:

Allows any host to retrieve all sessions (of all service types) that are currently in progress on the site.

The user can list the open sessions of a certain service type. If no service type is specified, the returned

sessions are grouped based on their service types.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

A Session is a WebEx Meeting, LstOpenSession will perform:

Allows any host to retrieve all sessions (of all service types) that are currently in progress on the site.

The user can list the open sessions of a certain service type. If no service type is specified, the returned

sessions are grouped based on their service types.

Thanks for the reply. Is there anything that will give the count of how many people are connected to our WebEx instance total?

I am attempting to do live monitoring of our concurrent licensing, a number which includes total count of people....attendees, hosts, etc.

The only capabilities the WebEx API's have to meetings (sessions) in progress is to list them and to end them.. It cannot be used to monitor live licensing usage.

bwoods0504
Level 1
Level 1

So, I cannot list all the meetings, and somehow pull the number of attendees in each?

not live, 48-72h after the meeting has ended you can retrieve this data from the History Service API

https://developer.cisco.com/site/webex-developer/develop-test/xml-api/xml-api-reference/#history-service