cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determining attendee meeting URL from XML API "getEvent"

nick.mueller
Level 6
Level 6

When I perform a getEvent on a pre-scheduled Webex Event (event center) meeting using the XML API, I don't see the attendee URL to join the event anywhere, only a panelist URL (and that I see only if I have any panelists).  For that matter, I don't see the host URL to join the event either.  Should I see this information?  If I shouldn't, what is the best manner in which to construct a clickable link to join the meeting for attendees and hosts?  Also, it perhaps goes without saying, but it would be useful to see attendee and host URLs in the returned information.

3 Replies 3

kasutton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nick,

Only the Panelist URL is included in GetEvent response. Attendee join URL can be created via GetjoinurlMeeting. The reason the Panelist URL is included in the GetEvent response is because it was not included in either GetjoinurlMeeting or GethosturlMeeting - it was added after the fact and GetEvent was the spot that made the most sense. Hope this helps.

It would be convenient if the host and attendee links were included in GetEvent so it could be a bit of a one-stop-shop.  Something perhaps for a future enhancement.

Indeed, it would. I will pass it along, but I am extremely hesitant to say it will be implemented since they are already provided in other APIs and would involve a schema change. It's much easier to get changes implemented if no schema change will be required.