cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I obtain Polling data after a meeting has occurred by using the webex API?

jkeal0001
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently trying to use the XML API to write a web application to give our users easy access to meeting data so that they can supply the state with information required for CPE Training (training required by NYS to maintain your CPA Certification). Anyway, one of the requirements is polling data. I can't seem to find a good way to obtain this information in webex.

5 Replies 5

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

in session poll results can be saved manually by the session host before closing the session. It is possible to retrieve polling results and chat transcript from sessions recorded via Network Based Recording, by using the SOAP based NBR web services API. XML API and site reports do not have a method to retrieve polling data.

If you are talking about test results, that is available via XML API using GetTestInformation.

Does the host have to initiate Recording for NBR to work? Would I be able to see individual answers?

Hello,

It is possible to automatically record all sessions via a site admin setting This would take up a lot of available storage space if you are not actively deleting the recordings after retrieving the text details. NBR API command getMeetingXml does include full text details for participant list, chat history, Q&A, and polling (I don't know whether this includes Training Center tests). If you do not set all meetings to be automatically recorded, the host would need to manually initiate recording.

Alternately, host can still save chat transcript and polling data, etc, from the file menu before closing the meeting.

I see that testing question can be obtained via the XML api. Perhaps it would be a better practice to use testing questions instead of polling?

Polls are generally for single questions. Testing is only available in Training Center and is typically for multiple questions, where a poll is just a single question. Its a situational decision, the best practice would be to use the solution that best meets your needs. Again, NBR API can be used to retrieve polling data from network based recorded sessions.