cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SAML procedure for Setting CM Cluster / CUC for Webex Messenger

bholst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm working with multiple customers deploying SSO/SAML for Webex Messenger with Account Create & Update.   How can we set the CM Cluster & Unity Connection settings with SAML ?  This is the only manual process that the customer has to do and we need to automate with SSO.  

thanks,

Brad Holst

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brad,

The SAML SSO feature requires the following software components:

• Cisco Unified Communications applications, release 10.0(1) or later.
  • An LDAP server that is trusted by the IdP server and supported by Cisco Unified Communications applications.
  • A supported IdP server that complies with SAML 2.0 standard.

For Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service
See the "SAML Single Sign-On" chapter in the Features and Services Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 10.0(1) for detailed information on configuring SAML SSO.

For Cisco Unity Connection
See the "Managing SAML SSO in Cisco Unity Connection" chapter in the System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 10.x for additional information on configuring the SAML SSO feature on the Cisco Unity Connection server.

Reference: SAML-based SSO solution

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Thanks for the response.   My question is specific to Webex Messenger and setting a profile.  

Yesterday,  I spoke with the Webex PM.  He informed me that even though there is a field that could be used to set CM/CUC for a user in Webex Messenger, the SAML Account Create and Update to not support that field.   Therefore, I'm told we can not use SAML to make these changes.

thanks,
Brad Holst

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: