cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx XML API - Access Denied, additional privileges are required error for Attendee Only Accounts

I'm trying to write a web application for help desk technicians to allow them to Enable and Disable Host privileges for users.  When a user has "Host" privileges, I have no problems running GetUser or SetUser on the account. 

Once I set the user to Attendee Only, I get "Access Denied, additional privileges are required" when attempting to GetUser or SetUser on the account.  I was hoping to be able to re-enable hosting on the account via the WebEx XML API.

The account I am using has the Site Admin privilege.  Is there a way to make this work or is this "by design"?

3 Replies 3

jstewart1
Level 1
Level 1

Our issue was resolved and was caused by an API update.  Once Cisco rolled back the change we no longer were getting the access denied error.  For anyone running into this issue, make sure you have the correct scopes defined in your integration.  Not having those can also cause this issue.  

jstewart1
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting this error as well did you ever resolve this?

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You may also consider forwarding this inquiry via email to devsupport@webex.com
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.