cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Going Doing After Operational Backup

jmorton1
Level 1
Level 1

We have the Cisco ISE Virtual Appliance spun up in our Microsoft Azure tenant, and twice now, we have had the appliance go down and have to be rebooted after attempting an operational backup. It does not do this every time, but it has done it twice nice, 6 weeks apart, when doing the automatic backup. Has anyone else observed this?

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what version of ISE, until 3.2 we have not obserred this behaviour on virtual environment (i mean on esxi) - not that i aware azure have this issue.

backup method, what kind of backup you using ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-0/admin_guide/b_ISE_admin_3_0/b_ISE_admin_30_maintain_monitor.html#reference_4F69987D3294499E95C1B652C4D1E73D

If you using latest 3.2 or above, worth opening TAC case to investigate for you, you can also review the logs why this was rebooted ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jmorton1
Level 1
Level 1

It is on ISE 3.3, the backup method is SFTP to a server on-premise, and it had to be rebooted because all of the services were completely down. You could not even access the web page on the CLI on it, so we rebooted it from Azure Portal.

Now, we have not seen this occur when it does the Configurational Backup, just the operational backup.

As i read this, you having issue when you take operational backup ? but that was not occured when you do only configuration backup.

i suggest to open a TAC case to troubleshoot the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help